Jag3D - What about 3d projection reduction? (Software)

Pierrick A @, Freitag, 09.02.2018, 08:38 (vor 72 Tagen)

Hi Micha,

I thought I could ask you a question here, as the answer may be interesting for other people.

I was wondering why the projection option 3d reduction had disappeared in the newer versions, while it was integrated in v3.5.20170423 for example. I see that instead, you have integrated vertical deviation correction, but is there any tool in JAG3d that can help us to calculate a vertical deviation model? (spherical for instance)?

Thank you anyway for the great work you've achieved.

Jag3D - What about 3d projection reduction?

Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Freitag, 09.02.2018, 12:09 (vor 72 Tagen) @ Pierrick A

Hello,

I was wondering why the projection option 3d reduction had disappeared in the newer versions, while it was integrated in v3.5.20170423 for example.

This module war replaced by a more rigorous mathematical model, i.e. the deviation of the vertical can now be estimated within the adjustment process. Using the current version of JAG3D, you can estimate the position [x/y/z] as well as both vertical deviation angles. You have to enable the option "Consider deflection of the vertical", see screenshot. In most cases, the deflection of the vertical can only be estimated for station points, especially, if target points haven't an instrument height.

[image]

kind regards
Micha

--
kostenlose Scripte und Software nicht nur für Geodäten || Portal für Geodäten mit angeschlossenem Forum-Vermessung

Tags:
JAG3D, deflection of the vertical, spherical reduction

Jag3D - What about 3d projection reduction?

Pierrick A @, Donnerstag, 01.03.2018, 10:54 (vor 52 Tagen) @ Micha

Hello Micha!

Thanks for your answer, and for this new functionality. It seems interesting to me. However, imho it does not fully replace the old functionality because, depending on the redundancy and the geometrical configuration of the network it might not be able to calculate accurately the vertical deviation. Using a "rigid" spherical model seemed more convenient in many cases to me.

I hope we can discuss this longer,

JAG3D supports hybrid integrated adjustment model

Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Donnerstag, 01.03.2018, 11:20 (vor 52 Tagen) @ Pierrick A

Hello Pierrick,

It seems interesting to me.

Not only for you. This model, we called it hybrid integrated network adjustment, offers a wide range of applications.

However, imho it does not fully replace the old functionality because, depending on the redundancy and the geometrical configuration of the network it might not be able to calculate accurately the vertical deviation.

Yes, of course. If the number of observations is small (w.r.t. the number of unknowns) or the configuration is weakly, the additional rotation parameter are (somewhat) unreliable. But this is a problem of any adjustment and is not a problem of our model.

Our background is industrial metrology. We have object-based coordinate systems that are not linked to gravity field. We use instruments that are not related to the (local) plumb lines, e.g. Laser Tracker. The hybrid integrated network model enables a rigoros adjustment on the observation level. Another task comes from measurements in moving environments e.g. floating docks. Here, the compensator of the instrument is disabled and each station is tilted w.r.t. the global frame. A spherical model doesn't solve this problems...

/Micha

--
kostenlose Scripte und Software nicht nur für Geodäten || Portal für Geodäten mit angeschlossenem Forum-Vermessung

Tags:
JAG3D, deflection of the vertical, spherical reduction, adjustment model

RSS-Feed dieser Diskussion