Import Deflections of vertrical Value

by Amedeo @, Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 02:51 (1536 days ago)

Hi Micha,
I can't import the estimate of the vertical deviation together with the coordinates.
from the tests (various) that I did it seems that the import is not allowed.
For the tests I used a text file with the values ​​separated by space.
I have to proceed maually or I have missed something ...?
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Amedeo

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 04:09 (1536 days ago) @ Amedeo

Hello Amedeo,

I have missed something ...?

You are right! JAG3D didn't support such import yet. I changed the methods for the column-based import and created a new release candidate. Please check this version and provide some feedback. If it works as expected, I will include the changes to the upcoming release.

Kind regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Tags:
JAG3D, import, deflection, CSV

by AMEDEO @, Italy, Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 04:36 (1536 days ago) @ Micha

Micha,
....too fast!!!!
I test.
Thank you
Amedeo

by Amedeo_ @, Italy, Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 04:42 (1535 days ago) @ Micha

Hi Micha,
I tested the "v20200114" version and it works, but I suggest some changes:
The deviation input values ​​are expected in the program in mgon, but "column-based import" sees them as Gon.
Can you modify it?
Amedeo

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 08:00 (1535 days ago) @ Amedeo_

Hello Amedeo,

I tested the "v20200114" version and it works

Fine!

The deviation input values ​​are expected in the program in mgon, but "column-based import" sees them as Gon. Can you modify it?

Of course but then, we have some kind of inconsistencies. For angles and lengths, there are three methods to format the value. The first one is related to residuals, the second one to the uncertainties and the last one to the "normal" values (e.g. the observed values), cf. the sources.

Now, let us take a look to the CSV import of observations. The "value" as well as the "uncertainty" uses the same converting method, i.e., convertAngleToModel(value) or convertLengthToModel(value) but not convertAngleUncertaintyToModel(value) or convertLengthUncertaintyToModel(value). A similar situation is given in CSV import of points. Always the "normal value"-option is used - to be backward compatible to former versions of JAG3D.

There is a small work-around: Before starting the import process, just change the unit of angle measurement to mgon (or your desired unit):

[image]

Import your CSV file. Now, the imported values are interpreted as mgon (or the selected unit). Change it back after import...

Kind regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Tags:
JAG3D, Import, Deflections, Unit, Formatter

by Amedeo_ @, Italy, Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 08:47 (1535 days ago) @ Micha

Hi Micha,
I understand your reasoning and I share it.
In my case, since the input values ​​to the program must still pass from a spreadsheet, I can convert them directly from that.
I promise to post a complete project that has just been completed, since from an initial analysis of the values, the incidence of the vertical deflection is not so clear.. to me.
I thank you for your infinite availability and courtesy.
Amedeo

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 08:59 (1535 days ago) @ Amedeo_

Hi Amedeo,

thank you for your reply!

I thank you for your infinite availability and courtesy.

No problem, you are welcome.

/Micha

--

RSS Feed of thread