Sketch geodetic network

by Miha @, Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 09:52 (1583 days ago)

Hello, I have one question, is it possible to export a geodetic grid sketch to * dxf or * dwg format? Thank you very much

Sketch geodetic network

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Thursday, November 28, 2019, 08:48 (1583 days ago) @ Miha

Hello,

is it possible to export a geodetic grid sketch to * dxf or * dwg format?

Up to now, JAG3D does not support this file format.

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Sketch geodetic network

by Miha @, Thursday, November 28, 2019, 08:59 (1583 days ago) @ Micha

Hello, If Jag 3d had this option, the program would be more popular. Most often, we have to submit the digital version to the customer in their base in CAD environment. Are you thinking in this direction to enable said export format.

Thank you for your reply and best regards

Sketch geodetic network

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Thursday, November 28, 2019, 09:10 (1583 days ago) @ Miha

Hello Miha,

Most often, we have to submit the digital version to the customer in their base in CAD environment.

JAG3D supports an export of all points and observations. You can define each export format by yourself, using the FreeMarker language. So, I believe it is easy to import such a files to your CAD.

Are you thinking in this direction to enable said export format.

Yes, but up to now, I don't have an up-to-date and stable library for DXF support that supports all objects (e.g. point, ellipse, line, etc.). However, JAG3D is an open source application. Just provide an implementation for such a feature. ;-)

kind regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Sketch geodetic network

by MIHA @, Monday, December 02, 2019, 07:50 (1578 days ago) @ Micha

Hello,

I apologize for the late reply. I hope you manage to upgrade the program. I have no programming skills, it would take me too long to do. For now, I've made myself an alternative in qgis. Thank you very much for your efforts, in case you manage to integrate your export into CAD environment, I would ask you to provide me with this information or I will follow it on the forum. Thank you again for your response and help.

Greetings

Sketch geodetic network

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 01:08 (1578 days ago) @ MIHA

Hi,

I'll reply this thread, if DXF is implemented.

/Micha

--

Sketch geodetic network

by Miha @, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 06:18 (1577 days ago) @ Micha

Hello, Thanks again for the kindness! Greetings and respect!

Sketch geodetic network

by MIHA @, Sunday, January 12, 2020, 08:57 (1537 days ago) @ Micha

Hello,

is there any chance of success by exporting the sketch grid to a CAD program (* dwg format, * dxf format)

Thank you and best regards

Sketch geodetic network

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Monday, January 13, 2020, 09:02 (1537 days ago) @ MIHA

Hi,

as already stated, I'll answered to this thread, if dxf is supported.

There is a large difference between a plot (as image) and CAD drawing. I'm undecided, which parts of the plot, and how these parts should exported. For instance, the symbol of the point (e.g. a square or a hexagon) is drawn by a simple n-th polygon. Is it really helpful, to have a large number of lines to symbolize, for instance, the points?

/Micha

--

Sketch geodetic network

by Miha @, Monday, January 13, 2020, 07:16 (1536 days ago) @ Micha

Hello, In my opinion, it would be okay for a point to be allowed to select a symbol. I have another question, though, it might make sense to have a sketch legend in addition to the sketch grid. Thanks for your help and taking the time. Greetings

Sketch geodetic network

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Monday, January 13, 2020, 10:43 (1536 days ago) @ Miha

Hello,

it would be okay for a point to be allowed to select a symbol.

If the symbol is a rectangle, for each point four lines wold be drawn to the dxf-file. Please take a look to JAG3D's source code for drawing point symbols.

it might make sense to have a sketch legend

The sketch is drawn to get an impression of the network, to evaluate weak-forms and so on. It is an analysis tool. Since you define the colours, the symbols etc. I believe, it doesn't make sense to provide a legend of your individual settings.

/Micha

--

Sketch geodetic network

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Sunday, January 19, 2020, 12:06 (1531 days ago) @ Miha

Hello,

the new version contains a legend.

/Micha

--

Tags:
legend, JAG3Dv20200119

Sketch geodetic network

by miha @, Sunday, January 19, 2020, 10:28 (1530 days ago) @ Micha

Hello,

thank you very much for adding a legend to the record of results. Now, I have another request, if possible to include a raster base as a basis for the sketch of the geodetic network, for example from google maps of the earth, or maybe some world lucky guy who has raster bases. This only happens if I am doing surveying networks in the national coordinate system.

Thank you for your reply and best regards

Sketch geodetic network

by Micha ⌂, Bad Vilbel, Monday, January 20, 2020, 04:55 (1530 days ago) @ miha

Hello,

if possible to include a raster base as a basis for the sketch of the geodetic network, for example from google maps of the earth, or maybe some world lucky guy who has raster bases.

There are some libraries that allow for including Google-maps or OSM-maps. However, I'm not familiar with such libraries and I don't like to have strong dependencies to a special services (like Google, Bing or OSM).

/Micha

--

RSS Feed of thread